Unfortunately, having something broken or lost is usually just what actually happens during a “Do It Yourself Move” (whether it be near or far). In my opinion, the best course to take is to hire a professional, someone who knows what they are doing and who can help you during a time when you don’t need any more nerve-wracking stress.
Thinking about hiring local movers but not sure yet?
Well, here are 9 Tips on How To Save Cash When Hiring Them!
1. Ensure your professional movers have a handy parking spot at both your new home as well as your old one before they even arrive. It isn’t a very smart thing to have your professional movers park a good distance away from your residence as they load and unload their truck. Arrange to save them a handy parking spot at the entrances of both residences. If you are moving during one of the cold snowy winter months, make sure driveways are salted as well as shoveled.
2. Pack and mark each box according to each of your rooms. Ensure the words are written clearly so your movers can easily unload each box to where it is supposed to be. Never ever leave items that may break easily hanging around. In other words, don’t take any chances on items breaking.
3. Choose a certain area within your home where you can safely AleksMoving: Your Go-to for Quality Moving Services place your clearly marked and packed boxes. Simply stack each box neatly so they are ready to be transferred. This is a great shortcut for the movers so they don’t have to enter into each individual room to obtain a box, then walk it out the door.
4. Clutter-free your house as much as possible. Ensure that there is a clear definite path available at both residences in order to make it easier for the movers to do their thing.
5. Remove all bedding from beds and pack the bedding into “easy to read” marked boxes.
6. Disassemble any larger items you may have such as furniture or exercise equipment.
7. Drain any gas from your lawn mower. Otherwise, this alone could be extremely dangerous. Also pack garage items as best you can.
8. Disconnect your appliances throughout both residences.
9. Write the names of the rooms of your new home on each individual box so the movers can simply match them up accordingly.
If you don’t want to be another “DIY mover” statistic whereby precious items were either broke or lost, you may want to consider a professional. As you can see from above, there are definitely ways to save on cash with professionals as well!